REMINDER: ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Wednesday 11 September, at 14:30 (Roland RABANAL)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue Sep 10 12:38:29 CEST 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Wednesday 11 September, at 14:30 hrs.

Speaker: Roland Rabanal (PUCP, Lima)

Title: Dissipative two-dimensional vector fields and stability

Abstract: We deal with one-parameter families of differentiable planar
vector fields for which the infinity reverses its stability as the
parameter goes through zero. The present family may be considered as
linear perturbations at infinity of a vector field with some spectral
property, for instance, dissipativity. However, the Poincare
compactification is not applied in this paper. This is a joint work with
B. Alarcon from UFF (Brasil).

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--

Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela