What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website update - 14/10/2019

Susanne Henningsen hennings at ictp.it
Tue Oct 15 14:17:55 CEST 2019

-------- Forwarded Message ------

Subject: 	What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website update
- 14/10/2019
Date: 	Mon, 14 Oct 2019 16:21:01 +0200
From: 	RTD-MAILING-NO-REPLY at nomail.ec.europa.eu
To: 	RTD-MAILING-NO-REPLY at nomail.ec.europa.eu

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-specific-archive-issue.cfm?newsletter_service_id=1325&lang=en>
| ISSN 2599-9222

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Header Image

follow us :   | icon Twitter <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov> icon
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> icon Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> icon RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en>

News Alerts

More than 8000 responses on how to shape Horizon Europe

A strong focus on sustainable solutions and simpler rules: these were
the two recurrent themes shared by more than 8000 respondents who
collectively completed two surveys on Horizon Europe. These surveys
followed an innovative co-design approach. [Read more
<http://ec.europa.eu/info/news/more-than-8000-replies-on-how-to-shape-horizon-europe-2019-oct-11_en&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>]

      More News

      • EU-funded scientist among Nobel Prize winners in Physiology or
      Medicine
      <http://ec.europa.eu/info/news/eu-funded-scientist-among-nobel-prize-winners-physiology-or-medicine-2019-oct-07_en&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>
      • All News alerts
      <http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=morepress>

Success stories

Smart sensors will help feed growing world population

The EU-funded ANTARES project is developing smart sensor and big data
technologies that will help farmers produce more with fewer inputs and
put Europe at the vanguard of the digital revolution in agriculture.
[Read more
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/article_en.cfm?id=/research/headlines/news/article_19_10_11_en.html?infocentre&item=Infocentre&artid=50965&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>]

Photo

      More success stories:

      • Stopping the spiral from ADHD into depression and obesity
      <http://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/article_en.cfm?id=/research/headlines/news/article_19_10_08_en.html?infocentre&item=Infocentre&artid=50905&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>
      • All success stories
      <https://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/index_en.cfm?pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Events

EU Water Innovation Conference 2019

*11-13 December 2019, Zaragoza, Spain*
The theme of the EU Water Innovation Conference 2019 (EUWIC) is
"Accelerating action to tackle water pollution and enhance EU
preparedness to water-related climate change impacts". [Read more
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=events&eventcode=19F0E744-0DF6-0E84-0F2DF504869CD8E7&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>]

      More events

      • Making Climate Services a Reality in Europe - 13-14 November
      2019, Brussels, Belgium
      <http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=events&eventcode=DA671FBA-EAD8-3996-5D59C5145622EEB9&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>
      • EMBRACE EQUALITY - Tackling gender-based violence through
      education - 24 October 2019, Dublin, Ireland
      <http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=events&eventcode=DAABBB9F-AB33-6380-DDF7C7408536CA40&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>
      • All events
      <https://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=events&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Horizon magazine

Antibiotic resistance: How did we get here?

Finding ways to enlist the bacteria living in our bodies to defend
against infections while better understanding their role in promoting
antibiotic resistance are key to fighting this growing problem, says Dr
Nassos Typas, a microbiologist at the European Molecular Biology
Laboratory in Heidelberg, Germany. [Read more
<https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/antibiotic-resistance-how-did-we-get-here.html>]

Photo

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32018R1725&from=EN>.
Please read the privacy statement
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/pdf/ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>.

To unsubscribe or change your profile and selections please visit our
web site <http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/logout.cfm>.