REMINDER: ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Thursday 10 October, at 16:00 (Ulrich Kraehmer)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Wed Oct 9 14:08:01 CEST 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Thursday 10 October, at 16:00 hrs.

Speaker: Ulrich Krähmer (TU Dresden)

Title: An invitation to combinatorial Hopf algebras

Abstract: I will tell you what the incidence coalgebra of a category is,
and when a monoidal product on the category turns it into a bialgebra.
Trees, skew shapes and bigraphs yield examples. The main result
describes the overlap with the theory of Hopf quivers which is
surprisingly (for me) singular. Based on joint work with Lucia Rotheray.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--

Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela