BASIC NOTIONS SEMINAR @ ICTP - Monday, 2 December, at 16:00 (Pavel PUTROV)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri Nov 29 13:31:17 CET 2019

BASIC  NOTIONS  SEMINAR SERIES   2019

Monday 2 December, at 16.00 hrs.

Speaker: Pavel Putrov (ICTP)

Title: Some classical invariants of links and their higher-dimensional
analogues

Abstract: In my talk I will review the notions of links and knots and
their higher dimensional analogues. I will then define certain
invariants of (higher dimensional) links under ambient isotopy. Such
"classical" invariants can be described purely in geometric terms. I
will give some simple examples of (higher-dimensional) links with
non-trivial values of the invariants.

VENUE: Budinich Lecture Hall (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building)

--

Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela