Special Lecturers @ICTP on Thurs. 28 Nov. and Wed. 4 Dec. from 2 to 5 p.m. - M.A. Rajabpour

CM Section cm at ictp.it
Mon Nov 25 11:38:24 CET 2019

CMSP Two Special Lectures by M.A. Rajabpour
venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room Leonardo Building

Thursday 28 November from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
and
Wednesday 4 December from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.

Mohammad Ali Rajabpour
Univ. Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, Brazil

Title: Bits and Pieces in Free Fermions

Abstract: In two lectures we will summarize some useful properties
of free fermions.

In the first lecture we discuss some simple properties such as: canonical
transformations, useful decompositions, diagonalization of free
Hamiltonians, Wick's theorem and trace formulas.

In the second lecture we will discuss Grassmann algebra and coherent
basis, reduced density matrix and how to calculate entanglement entropy
and formation probabilities. In both lectures we will keep the discussion
as general as possible(independent of the dimension and the couplings).

As an example we will normally concentrate on periodic one dimensional
free fermions.