ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY SEMINAR @ SISSA - Wednesday 20 November at 16:00 (Michele Graffeo)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Nov 18 15:10:58 CET 2019

ALGEBRAIC   GEOMETRY   SEMINAR

Wednesday 20 November, at 16:00 hrs.

Speaker: Michele Graffeo (SISSA)

Title: Playing with quotient singularities

Abstract: One of the biggest differences between differential geometry
and algebraic geometry is the presence of singularities. In particular,
the study of their resolutions constitutes a huge branch in algebraic
geometry.
In this seminar I will show some useful techniques in resolutions of
singularities (especially in dimension 2 & 3). I will try to explain the
groups theory aspect of this story in terms of crepant resolutions and
Mckay correspondence.

http://users.ictp.it/~arincon/AGS.html

VENUE:  SISSA, Room (A-136)