Tensor Afternoon

beorchia at units.it beorchia at units.it
Mon Nov 18 09:22:31 CET 2019

We advertise a

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Tensor Afternoon

VENUE: Monday 25 november 2019, Dept. of Mathematics and Geosciences Trieste,
via Valerio 12/1, ROOM 3B

Program:

14:30 Iman Bahmani Jafarloo (Politecnico di Torino)
Special apolar subset: the case of star configurations

Abstract:: Let F be a generic degree d form in n+1 variables. We
investigate the existence of star configurations apolar to F, that is
the existence of apolar sets of points obtained by the n-wise
intersection of r general hyperplanes of P^n. We present a complete
answer for all values of (d, r, n) except for (d, d + 1, 2).

15:20 Francesco Galuppi (Max-Planck-Institut für Mathematik in den
Naturwissenschaften, Leipzig)
Geometry and Tensors

Everybody interested is welcome
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Valentina Beorchia, PhD
Dipartimento di Matematica e Geoscienze
Universita' degli Studi di Trieste
Via Valerio 12/1
34127 Trieste, Italia

Stanza 236, II piano
e-mail: beorchia at units.it
tel. studio (++) 040 558 2656
tel. segreteria Dip.: (++)040 558 2635 oppure 2618
fax: (++) 040 558 2636

http://www.dmi.units.it/~beorchia/