ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Monday, 27 May, at 14:30 (Victoria Cantora-Farfán)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri May 3 12:28:19 CEST 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Monday 27 May, at 14:30 hrs.

Victoria Cantoral-Farfán (ICTP)

Title: On an algebraic Sato–Tate conjecture for abelian varieties

Abstract: The Sato-Tate conjecture, originally stated for elliptic
curves without complex multiplication, predicts the equidistribution of
the normalized Frobenius traces with respect to the Sato-Tate measure,
given by the pushforward of the Haar measure on SU(2). We would like to
work on an analogous question for abelian varieties of dimension /g >/
1; the generalized Sato-Tate conjecture, introduced by Serre, which
predicts the equidistribution on a certain compact Lie group: the
Sato-Tate group. In 1966, Serre presented remarkable links between the
Mumford-Tate group and the Sato-Tate group. Thus, the algebraic
Sato-Tate group appears as an intermediate group between the
Mumford-Tate group and the Sato-Tate group. Indeed, if the algebraic
Sato-Tate conjecture holds for some particular abelian variety A of
dimension /g >/ 1, we can obtain the Sato-Tate group and try to deduce
some new instances of the generalized Sato-Tate conjecture. The main
goal of this talk is to present new results in the direction of the
algebraic Sato-Tate conjecture, building on the previous work of Serre,
Kedlaya and Banaszak.

http://indico.ictp.it/event/8941/

VENUE: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela