Seminar by Massimo Bagnarol

Fabio Perroni fperroni at units.it
Thu Mar 28 15:29:47 CET 2019

UNIVERSITA’ DEGLI STUDI DI TRIESTE
DIPARTIMENTO DI MATEMATICA E GEOSCIENZE

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Tuesday, April 9th, 2019, at 16:00.

Massimo Bagnarol (SISSA) will speak on "Operad formalism for varieties and its applications”.

Abstract. Motivated by the study of the geometry of certain moduli spaces, I will discuss some operations between quasi-projective varieties with a symmetric group action, which were introduced by Getzler and Pandharipande.
I will highlight the relation between those and some well-known structures arising in operad theory, and I will prove their properties using this correspondence.
I will show that those operations induce a so-called composition algebra structure on the Grothendieck group of varieties with a symmetric group action, which can be used to investigate the cohomology of moduli spaces of stable maps from genus 0 curves to certain targets.

Venue: Seminar Room  (Sezione di Matematica e Informatica, H2 building, Via Valerio 12/1, 3rd floor, room 334).

Everybody interested is much welcome to attend.
Best regards,
Fabio Perroni