Seminar announcement by Michael Lönne

Fabio Perroni fperroni at units.it
Tue Mar 19 14:24:09 CET 2019

UNIVERSITA’ DEGLI STUDI DI TRIESTE
DIPARTIMENTO DI MATEMATICA E GEOSCIENZE

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Wednesday, April 3th, 2019, at 11:00.

Michael Lönne (University of Bayreuth) will speak on "Stratifications of the Miranda moduli space of Jacobian elliptic K3”.

Abstract. The moduli space was constructed by Miranda as a G.I.T. quotient of a
quasi-projective variety of dimension 22 by a reductive group of dimension 4.
We will discuss discrete invariants of a topological nature, which allow
to introduce stratifications of this quotient.
The main result will be on the common strata of two stratifications, one
by the monodromy group considered by Bogomolov, Petrov and Tschinkel,
the other by the root lattice generated by fibre components and studied
in great detail by Shimada.
I will report on joint work with Klaus Hulek, which succeeds in a classification
of all positive dimensional root lattice strata that coincide with a monodromy
stratum up to subsets of positive codimension.

Venue: Seminar Room  (Sezione di Matematica e Informatica, H2 building, Via Valerio 12/1, 3rd floor, room 334).

Everybody interested is much welcome to attend.
Best regards,
Fabio Perroni