Geometry and Physics seminar @ IGAP - Friday June 28 at 10:00 (Nadir FASOLA)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Wed Jun 26 10:34:53 CEST 2019

Geometry and Physics seminar @ IGAP

Friday 28 June, at 10:00 hrs.

VENUE:  IGAP Seminar room (Former SISSA building, II floor, via Beirut)

Speaker: Nadir Fasola (SISSA)

Title: Nested instantons and punctual nested Hilbert schemes

Abstract: Nested Hilbert schemes of points and curves on smooth
projective surfaces carry interesting quantities for both geometry and
physics. Their virtual fundamental classes have been shown to recover
both the virtual classes of SW and reduced stable pair theories, while
their obstruction theories can be used to obtain information about VW
and reduced DT invariants.

We show that the effective SUSY theory of a certain surface defect gives
rise to a quiver GLSM which, in a particular case, models punctual
nested Hilbert schemes on the complex plane. We will show how the
partition function of such a theory naturally computes certain virtual
invariants of these moduli spaces and how these results relate to a
conjecture of Hausel, Letellier and Rodriguez-Villegas about the
cohomology of character varieties.

http://indico.ictp.it/event/8997/

--

Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela