Mathematics talks at ICTP - Tuesday, 4 June, at 14:00 (Kyong Hui Kim and Ri Un Gyong)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Jun 3 15:00:46 CEST 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Tuesday, 4 June, at 14:00

Venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor

14:00 - 14:30    Kyong Hui Kim (Kim Il Sung University, Pyongyang, DPR
Korea)

Title: Option pricing in a generalized jump mixed fractional Brownian motion

Abstract: I will present a new framework for pricing the European
currency option in the case where the spot exchange rate follows a
generalized mixed fractional Brownian motion with jumps (hereafter
GJMFBM). To capture the behaviors of exchange rate, the combination of
Poisson jumps and generalized mixed fractional Brownian motion is
introduced. To derive the pricing formula for some options, we firstly
derive a generalized mixed fractional Girsanov theorem and some results
regarding the quasi-conditional expectation that we will need for the
rest of the paper. Then analytic pricing formulas for European currency
option and exchange option are obtained using the equivalent martingale
measure.
Finally, through some numerical experiments and discussion we show that
the GJMFBM model is different with the other previous ones.

14:30 - 14:45    Ri Un Gyong (Kim Il Sung University, Pyongyang, DPR Korea)

Title: Presentation of Kim Il Sung University, Pyongyang, DPR Korea, and
its educational programs in Mathematics.

--

Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela