ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Thursday 1 August, at 16:00 (Tarig ABDELGADIR)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Wed Jul 31 10:53:29 CEST 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Thursday 1 August, at 16:00 hrs.

Speaker: Tarig Abdelgadir (ICTP)

Title: The Tutte polynomial and abelian quiver varieties

Abstract: The Tutte polynomial is a two-variable polynomial one may
associate to a given graph. It's cool because it is universal among
multiplicative graph invariants that respect certain deletion and
contraction relations. Given a graph, one may also study an associated
quiver algebra and count its modules over a finite field. Here we
display a direct relation between the Tutte polynomial and this count of
modules. The main result here is due to Hausel and Sturmfels but some
methods may be new.

This joint work with Fernando Rodriguez Villegas and Anton Mellit.

http://indico.ictp.it/event/9034/

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela