Mathematics Seminar at ICTP - Monday 15 July at 16:00 (Jeroen S.W. LAMB)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri Jul 12 09:37:21 CEST 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Monday 15 July, at 16:00 hrs.

Speaker: Jeroen S.W. Lamb (Imperial College - London)

Title: Classification of random circle homeomorphisms up to topological
conjugacy

Abstract: We provide a classification of random orientation-preserving
homeomorphisms of the circle, up to topological conjugacy of the random
dynamical systems generated by i.i.d. iterates. This classification
concerns random circle homeomorphisms for which the noise space is a
connected Polish space and some other minor conditions are satisfied.

This is joint work with Thai Son Doan (Vietnam Academy of Sciences),
Julian Newman (Lancaster University) and Martin Rasmussen (Imperial
College London).

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

http://indico.ictp.it/event/9009/

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela