SP Seminar @SISSA Via Bonomea 265 Tuesday 22 January 11am - G. PUPILLO

CM Section cm at ictp.it
Thu Jan 17 10:16:56 CET 2019

Joint ICTP/SISSA Statistical Physics Seminar

Tuesday 22 January at 11:00 a.m.
SISSA, Via Bonomea 265

Speaker:
G. PUPILLO (Strasbourg University, France)

Title:
Algebraic Localization of Disordered Long-Range Quantum Models

Abstract:
Several atomic, molecular, and optical systems, as well as certain condensed
matter models, exhibit long-range interactions that decay with distance
r as a
power law 1/rα

In this talk, we will present recent results for the localization
properties of
correlation functions of these long-range quantum models in the presence of
disorder. The latter is usually associated with exponential localization
of wave
functions and correlations. We demonstrate that in most situations in 1D
power-law interactions imply algebraic decay of correlations. We will
discuss
the generality of these results and their application to experiments in
atomic
and molecular physics.