ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday 15 January, at 14:30 (Joana AFONSO)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue Jan 8 17:19:55 CET 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Tuesday 15 January, at 14:30 hrs.

Joana Afonso (Universidad Nacional de Córdoba)

Title: A coupled bulk-surface reaction-diffusion system

Abstract:  In this talk I will address a coupled bulk-surface
reaction-diffusion system set in a moving domain, which is a model for
the process of chemo-taxis in cells. I will explain how to derive the
problem and the mathematical formulation we used in order to prove
existence and regularity results. An outline of such proofs will be
presented, focusing on the key steps and avoiding technical details.
This is a joint work with A. Alphonse and C. Elliott.

VENUE: Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela