ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Thursday 17 January, at 14:30 (Anne-Laure THIEL)

Mabilo mabilok at ictp.it
Mon Jan 7 10:18:32 CET 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Thursday 17 January, at 14:30 hrs.

Anne-Laure Thiel (Stuttgart University)

Title: On some generalizations of the category of Soergel bimodules

Abstract:  The category of Soergel bimodules plays an essential role in
(higher) representation theory and for the construction of homological
invariants in knot theory. The aim of this talk is to present a
generalization of Soergel category attached to a Coxeter group of type
A_2. While Soergel category counts a generating bimodule per simple
reflection, this generalization is obtained by taking one generator per
reflection.

I will give a complete description of this category through a
classification of its indecomposable objects and study its split
Grothendieck ring. This gives rise to an algebra which is a quotient of
the corresponding affine Hecke algebra of type A_2, that can be
presented by generators and relations. This is joint work with Thomas Gobet.

VENUE: Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela