ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Wednesday 27 February, at 14:30 - Soheyla FEYZBAKHSH

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Wed Feb 20 15:18:48 CET 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Wednesday 27 February, at 14:30 hrs.

Soheyla Feyzbakhsh (Imperial College)

Title: Curves on K3 surfaces

Abstract: I will briefly explain the notion of Bridgeland stability
conditions on K3 surfaces. Then I will show some of its recent
applications in classical algebraic geometry, including a new upper
bound for the number of global sections of sheaves on K3 surfaces and
computing higher rank Clifford indices of curves on K3 surfaces.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela