REMINDER: ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday 19 February, at 16:00 (Francesca FERRARI)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Feb 18 17:03:41 CET 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Tuesday 19 February, at 16:00 hrs.

Francesca Ferrari (SISSA)

Title: Quantum, Mock and False in 3d Theories

Abstract: Since the 1980s, the study of invariants of 3-dimensional
manifolds has benefited from the connections between topology, physics
and number theory. Motivated by the recent introduction of a new
homological invariant (the half-index of 3d N=2 theories), in this talk
I will describe the role of mock modular forms, false theta functions
and quantum modular forms in the study of 3-manifolds.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela