QLS Seminar - Friday, 15 February at 11h00

Quantitative Life Sciences qls at ictp.it
Tue Feb 12 12:21:47 CET 2019

QUANTITATIVE LIFE SCIENCES  SEMINAR

Friday, 15 February 2019 at 11:00am,
ICTP, Central Area, 2nd floor, old SISSA building, via Beirut 2

Speaker: Roman Belousov, Postdoc fellow, QLS

  Title:  A few problems in physics of hearing

Abstract:
Hair cells are the receptor cells that enable the transduction of
mechanical stimuli into the nervous system of hearing and balance organs
of vertebrates. The name of these cells owes to the specialized
organelle located at their tip—the hair bundle. The organelle's complex
structure and operation, which is enhanced by an active process, are
crucial for an organ's sensory function. In my talk I will tell about a
few open physical problems related to the development and operation of
the hair bundle.

  Indico web page:http://indico.ictp.it/event/8886/

Everyone interested is most welcome to attend!

--
Erica Sarnataro
Group Secretary
e-mail:qls at ictp.it