ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday 12 February, at 14:30 (Yairon CID RUIZ)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Thu Feb 7 16:18:03 CET 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Tuesday 12 February, at 14:30 hrs.

Yairon Cid Ruiz (Universitat de Barcelona)

Title: Saturated special fiber ring and rational maps

Abstract: The idea of studying rational maps by looking at the syzygies
of the base ideal is a relatively new idea that has now become an
important research topic. In this talk, we will discuss some recent
results that lead to birationality criteria and formulas for the degree
of rational maps that depend on the algebraic properties of the syzygies
of the base ideal. Mainly, we will introduce a new algebra called
"saturated special fiber ring" and we will discuss its relations with
the degree and birationality of rational maps between irreducible
projective varieties. Time permitting, we will also discuss some results
in the problem of specializing the coefficients of a rational map.
This talk is based on joint works with Laurent Busé and Carlos D’Andrea
and with Aron Simis.

VENUE: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela