ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Wednesday, 18 December, at 14:30

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri Dec 13 17:14:14 CET 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Wednesday 18 December, at 14:30 hrs.

Speaker: Khadim War (IMPA)

Title: Dynamics of the geodesic flow on surfaces

Abstract: In this talk we will discuss some dynamical properties of the
geodesic flow on surfaces with constant negative curvature. This include
ergodicity,  uniqueness of the measure of maximal entropy and counting
the number of closed geodesics with fixed length. We will also talk
about some generalizations of these properties on more general surfaces
based on a join work with Gerhard Knieper and Vaughn Climenhaga.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--

Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela