Seminar announcement

Antonio Lerario lerario at sissa.it
Mon Dec 9 14:30:37 CET 2019

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Speaker: Tommaso Rossi (Institut Fourier and SISSA)
Venue: Tuesday, December 10 (tomorrow!), room A-136, 4pm
Title: Heat Content Asymptotic in sub-Riemannian Manifolds

Abstract
We study the short-time asymptotic of the sub-Riemannian heat content for a
smoothly bounded domain in any sub-Riemannian manifold. We show that, in a
wide range of situations, the heat content admits a complete asymptotic
expansion as a function of square root of t, whose coefficients, in the
classical spirit of spectral geometry, contain geometrical information of
the domain. Moreover, we provide an inductive formula for computing the
coefficients of the expansion, showing that hey can be approximated by
their Riemannian counterparts. Our asymptotic formula generalizes prior
works by A. Savo in the Riemannian setting and by J. Tyson, J. Wang in the
first Heisenberg group.
This is a joint work with my advisor, Luca Rizzi.

--
*http://people.sissa.it/~lerario <http://people.sissa.it/~lerario>*