ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Wednesday, 8 May, at 14:30 (Dhyan ARANHA)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue Apr 30 14:46:07 CEST 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Wednesday 8 May, at 14:30 hrs.

Dhyan Aranha (SISSA)

Title: The higher intrinsic normal cone

Abstract: Building on the work of Behrend and Fantechi who constructed
virtual fundamental classes for Deligne-Mumford stacks we construct
virtual classes for Artin stacks. Our methods make heavy use of Lurie’s
∞-mathematics and in some sense the main goal of the talk is to explain
how Lurie’s technology offers conceptual clarifications and that one can
in fact deduce concrete results from it. Joint with Piotr Pstragowski.

VENUE: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela