Reminder: Dynamical Systems Afternoon at ICTP - Wednesday 17 April 2019, starting at 14:00

Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue Apr 16 14:15:02 CEST 2019

Dynamical Systems Afternoon

Venue: Luigi Stasi seminar room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building)

Wednesday, 17 April 2019 (14:00 - 17:30)
---

14:00 - 15:00 Peyman Eslami
Inducing schemes for multi-dimensional expanding maps with discontinuities

I will discuss how to obtain Young towers with exponential tails for
multi-dimensional piecewise uniformly expanding maps of R^N.

15:00 - 15:30 break

15:30 - 16:30 Oliver Butterley
Parabolic Flows Renormalised by Partially Hyperbolic Maps

We will discuss 3-dimensional parabolic flows which are renormalised by
circle extensions of Anosov diffeormorphisms (this includes nilflows on
the Heisenberg nilmanifold). We use the spectral information of the
transfer operators associated to these partially hyperbolic maps to
describe the deviation of ergodic averages and solutions of the
cohomological equation for the parabolic flow.

16:30 - 17:30 Khadim War
Dynamics of the geodesic flows on certain manifolds without conjugate points

We prove the uniqueness of the measure of maximal entropy (MME) for the
geodesic flows on surfaces without conjugate points. We also prove that
this unique MME is fully supported, can be obtained from limiting
distrobution along closed orbits and the flow is mixing with respect to
it. As a consequence we have that the closed orbits are dense in the
unit tangent bundle. We also formulate conditions under which these
results generalise to higher dimension.

Everyone is welcome to attend

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela