seminar Geometry and Physics @ IGAP

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon Apr 15 17:24:55 CEST 2019

***** Geometry and Physics seminar @ IGAP *********

When: Tuesday April 16 at 14.30

Where: IGAP Seminar room ("new SISSA building" in via Beirut, II floor)

Speaker: Konstantin Aleshkin (SISSA)

Title:
Localization, mirror symmetry and special geometry.

Abstract:
Partition functions of N=(2,2) supersymmetric two-dimensional gauge
linear sigma
models on a sphere can be computed exactly. When vacua manifold of the
model is a Calabi-Yau
manifold it was conjectured that the partition function computes special
Kahler
geometry (in particular Gromow-Witten invariants) on the quantum moduli
space of
Kahler class deformations of the Calabi-Yau.

In the talk I will present the mirror symmetric version of this
conjecture and
prove it for a class of Calabi-Yau manifolds. In particular, I will show
that
natural gauge theory couplings are most easily connected with complex
structure
deformations rather than with the Kahler class deformations.