REMINDER: ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday, 16 April, at 16:00 (Martin MEREB)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Apr 15 08:38:00 CEST 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Tuesday 16 April, at 16:00 hrs.

Martin Mereb (Universidad de Buenos Aires)

Title: p-adic integration and geometric invariants

Abstract: In this talk I will briefly discuss how p-adic integration
techniques are useful to extract information about the cohomology of
complex varieties. In regular cases the problem is reduced to compute
the number of points over finite fields, but they also work in singular
cases or when explicit counting formulas were not found.

Venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela