CMSP Seminar Series @ICTP Stasi, Thursday 20 September at 11am - Mikhail V. FEIGELMAN

CM Section cm at ictp.it
Mon Sep 17 18:27:51 CEST 2018

ICTP Seminar Series in Condensed Matter and Statistical Physics

Thursday 20 September at 11:00 a.m.

Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, first floor, ICTP Leonardo building

Speaker: Mikhail V. FEIGELMAN
Landau Institute for Theoretical Physics, Russia

'SYK Model with Quadratic Perturbations: The Route to a
Non-Fermi-Liquid'

Abstract:
We study stability of the SYK_4 model with a large but finite number
of fermions N with respect to a perturbation, quadratic in fermionic
operators. We develop  analytic perturbation theory in the amplitude
of the SYK_2 perturbation and demonstrate stability of the SYK_4
infra-red asymptotic behavior characterized by a Green function
G(t) µ 1/t^3/2 , with respect to weak  perturbation. This result is
supported
by exact numerical diagornalization.  Our results open the way to
build a theory of non-Fermi-liquid states of strongly interacting fermions.

A. V. Lunkin
<https://arxiv.org/search/cond-mat?searchtype=author&query=Lunkin%2C+A+V>,
K. S. Tikhonov
<https://arxiv.org/search/cond-mat?searchtype=author&query=Tikhonov%2C+K+S>,