ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Thursday 6 September, at 14.30 hrs. (Alberto VERJOVSKY)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Sep 3 10:09:54 CEST 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Thursday 6 September, at 14.30 hrs.

Alberto Verjovsky (Instituto de Matemáticas, UNAM, Mexico)

Title: Compact 3-dimentional geometric solenoidal manifolds

Abstract:

We present several results about solenoidal manifolds motivated by
results by Dennis Sullivan in [1] with commentaries developed in [2] and
on a join project with Dennis Sullivan [3]. Solenoidal manifolds of
dimension n are topological spaces which are locally homeomorphic to the
product of a Cantor set with an open subset of Rn. Geometric
3-dimensional solenoidal manifolds are the analog of geometric
3-manifolds in the sense of Thurston. We will give some results related
to 3-dimensional geometric solenoidal manifolds.

Referencias

[1] D. Sullivan, Solenoidal manifolds, J. Singul. 9 (2014), 203–205.

[2] A. Verjovsky, Commentaries on the paper “Solenoidal manifolds” by
Dennis Sullivan. J. Singul. 9 (2014), 245–251.

[3] D. Sullivan, A. Verjovsky, Compact 3-dimensional geometric
solenoidal ma- nifolds. In preparation.

VENUE:Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)

--
Monica Petronela Ancuta
for Ms Mabilo
math at ictp.it

Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste
Italy

Tel.: +39 040 2240 318