CMSP Special Series of Tutorials CHANGE OF TIME - Thursday 18 and Friday 19 October

CM Section cm at ictp.it
Wed Oct 17 11:31:07 CEST 2018

KINDLY NOTE CHANGE OF TIME for Thursday 18 October
NOW from 14:00 to 15:30

Condensed Matter and Statistical Physics
SPECIAL SERIES OF TUTORIALS

Thursday 18 October from 14:00 to 15:30

and Friday 19 October from 10:30 to 12:00

Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, first floor, ICTP Leonardo building

Marko ZNIDARIC
Dept. of Physics, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia

"Evolving Quantum States with Matrix Product Ansatz"

In this tutorial I will describe matrix product state (MPS) ansatz and its
generalization to operators, and show how it can be used to calculate
unitary or dissipative quantum evolution. Such ansatz is, in many
situations,
rather efficient and allows one to study large many-body systems.

I will explain how to write states in the canonical MPS form and how to
perform transformations, preserving optimal finite-rank description. The
tutorial will include blackboard exercises as well as hands-on numerical
examples and will give sufficient knowledge to produce your own code.