Volunteers to talk about own research field at Art-Science Event on 26 October 2018

ICTP Director director at ictp.it
Tue Oct 9 09:46:29 CEST 2018

Dear Colleagues,

The European City of Science (ESOF2020) "ProESOF" events are continuing!
The Ministry of Culture of Romania, along with Scientifica, Fondazione
Internazionale Trieste are co-sponsoring a group of Romanian artists to
visit Trieste on an art-science crossover event. In a few weeks, the
artists will arrive to tour several science institutions, including
ICTP, and we would like to be able to introduce them to some
fascinating, cutting-edge research and researchers.

We are looking for 3 ICTP researchers to volunteer to walk the artists
through their research on 18 October, with a 20 minute talk each. The
artists will also visit the library and the SciFabLab while they are
here, and stay for lunch (the volunteer researchers can join for lunch
too). On 26 October, there will be a public event in town where the
artists will present their projects.

If you can volunteer to talk about your own research field and inspire
the invited artists please contact pio at ictp.it to leave your name. For
more information on the scientific association "Scientifica", go to
http://www.scientifica.ro/projects/artscience-residence

Office of the Director, on behalf of

Sandro Scandolo, Head, Scientific Programmes and Outreach, ICTP