SP Seminar @SISSA Via Bonomea 265 - Tues. 27 November at 11am - R. COUVREUR

CM Section cm at ictp.it
Fri Nov 23 10:57:07 CET 2018

Joint ICTP/SISSA Statistical Physics Seminar

Tuesday 27 November 11:00 a.m.
SISSA, Via Bonomea 265, RM 128

Romain COUVREUR (CEA, Saclay, LPT-ENS, Paris France)

Title: Role of the Effective Central Charge in Non-Unitary Conformal
Field Theories

Abstract:
Critical lattice models with a non-hermitian Hamiltonian are described
by non-unitary CFTs. There are many physical applications such as
open quantum systems, geometrical problems or electronic disordered
systems. We know that in many cases we can define the notion of effective
central charge.I will show why this quantity is important in two problems:
the scaling of the entanglement entropy and the identification of
universality
classes in truncated models. I will illustrate the discussion with examples
such as the XXZ model, supersymmetric spin chains, loop models and
truncations of the Brownian motion.