REMINDER: Please note the change in day and time - ICTP Mathematics Seminar, Wednesday 21 November, at 14:30 (Tarig ABDELGADIR)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue Nov 20 15:33:16 CET 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Wednesday 21 November, at 14:30 hrs.

Tarig Abdelgadir (ICTP)

Title: On noncommutative cubic surfaces and their moduli

Abstract:

This is based on joint work with Shinnosuke Okawa and Kazushi Ueda. The
zero loci of a cubic equations in three dimensional projective space are
pretty cool! As varieties, they may be deformed in four directions.
However, they may also be deformed as "noncommutative" spaces in an
extra four dimensions. Here we realise these noncommutative deformations
as certain quiver algebras. We then go on to study their moduli and
compare them to existing theories of noncommutative cubic surfaces. Time
permitting we will discuss generalisations of these ideas to other del
Pezzo surfaces.

VENUE: Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)

--
Monica Petronela Ancuta
for Ms Mabilo
math at ictp.it

Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste
Italy

Tel.: +39 040 2240 318