SP Seminar @SISSA Via Bonomea 265 - Tuesday 29 May at 11am - Jeremie BOUTTIER

CM Section cm at ictp.it
Fri May 25 10:47:17 CEST 2018

Joint ICTP/SISSA Statistical Physics Seminar

Tuesday 29 May at 11:00 a.m.
SISSA, Via Bonomea 265, room 128

Speaker: Jeremie BOUTTIER (IPhT Saclay/ENS Lyon, France)

Title: Edge Behaviour of the Periodic and the Free Boundary Schur
Processes

Abstract:The Schur process is in some sense a discrete analogue of a
random matrix.
Their edge behavior are known to be in the same universality class,
described
by the Airy kernel and the Tracy-Widom distribution. In this talk we
consider
two variants of the Schur process: the periodic case introduced by Borodin,
and the "free boundary" case recently introduced by us. We are able to
compute their correlation functions in a unified manner using the machinery
of free fermions. We then investigate the edge asymptotic behavior and
show it corresponds to two nontrivial deformations of the Airy kernel
and of
the Tracy-Widom distribution. Based on joint work with Dan Betea, Peter
Nejjar
and Mirjana Vuletiaa.