CHANGE OF VENUE - ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Thursday 17 May, at 14:30 hrs (Claudio H. MORALES)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon May 14 14:47:56 CEST 2018

PLEASE NOTE UNUSUAL VENUE

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Thursday 17 May, at 14.30 hrs.

Claudio H. Morales  (University of Alabama in Huntsville)

Title:
Surjectivity Problems for Monotone Operators

Abstract:
We begin exploring a well-known notion for finite dimensional spaces
that appears to be revealed, as well, in infinite dimensional spaces.
This fact will allow us to examine the notion on monotonicity in a more
general setting. The presentation will be self-contained and connecting
well-known results, such as Lax-Milgram Theorem.

NEW VENUE:  Lecture Room D (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, Terrace Level)