ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday 8 May, at 16:00 hrs (Dishant PANCHOLI)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri May 4 16:30:03 CEST 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Tuesday 8, May, at 16.00 hrs.

Dishant Pancholi  (Chennai Mathematical Institute)

Title:
On embeddings of manifolds

Abstract:
One of the most important problem in geometric topology is the
“embedding problem”. After revisiting embedding problems in various
categories, we discuss some recent developments in smooth and contact
category. The concepts required will be developed in the talk and the
talk will be accessible to an advanced undergraduate audience.

VENUE:  Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)