ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Thursday 29 March, at 14.00hrs (Java ASADOLLAHI)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Thu Mar 22 15:04:15 CET 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Thursday 29, March, at 14.00 hrs.

Javad Asadollahi (University of Isfahan and IPM-Isfahan, Iran)

Title:
Relative Auslander's Formula

Abstract:
Auslander's formula suggests that for studying an abelian category, one
may study the category of finitely presented additive functors on it,
that has nicer homological properties than the category itself, and then
translate the results back to the original category. According to H.
Lenzing, a considerable part of Auslander's work on the representation
theory of finite dimensional, or more general artin, algebras can be
connected to this formula.

In this talk, we first recall the Auslander's proof of the formula and
then introduce and study a relative version of it. As application, some
connections between the Morita equivalences of the endomorphism algebras
of generators and the Morita equivalences of the original algebras will
be provided.

The talk is based on a joint work with R. Hafezi and M. H. Keshavarz.

VENUE:  Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)