CMSP Seminar Series @ICTP Stasi Seminar Rm Thursday 15 March 11am - M.CAPONE

CM Section cm at ictp.it
Fri Mar 9 11:13:30 CET 2018

ICTP Seminar Series in Condensed Matter and Statistical Physics

Thursday 15 Marchat 11:00 a.m.

Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, first floor, ICTP Leonardo building

Speaker: Massimo Capone (SISSA, Trieste,Italy)

Title:
Mini-orbital Mott Physics and the Iron-based Superconductors

Abstract:
We review some surprising results on multi orbital Hubbard models,
highlighting
the role of the HundÂ’s coupling in driving a two-stage Mott localization
and an
effective decoupling between the orbitals which in turn leads to a
remarkable
differentiation between different orbitals (orbital selectivity).

We show that the normal state of  iron-based superconductors can be
rationalized
and understood in this framework and we address the implications on the
phase
diagram.