ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Thursday 8 March, at 14.00hrs (Umberto ZANNIER)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri Mar 2 17:10:37 CET 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Thursday 8, March, at 14.00 hrs.

Umberto Zannier (Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa)

Title: Some specialization theorems in geometry and number theory

Abstract: Specialization theorems roughly speaking assert that some
property valid for a family remains valid for some specialization of the
parameters describing the family. We shall recall well-known instances,
such as Bertini and Hilbert Irreducibility theorems, and present some
new results. We shall also illustrate some new kind of specialization
theorems, e.g. for moduli spaces of abelian varieties.

VENUE: Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)