SP Seminar @SISSA Via Bonomea 265 - Monday 18 June at 11 am - H.SHAPOURIAN

CM Section cm at ictp.it
Thu Jun 14 13:08:28 CEST 2018

Joint ICTP/SISSA Statistical Physics Seminar

PLEASE NOTE DIFFERENT DAY -

MONDAY, 18 June at 11:00 a.m.
SISSA, Via Bonomea 265, room 128

Speaker: H. SHAPOURIAN (Univ. of Chicago, USA)

Title: Partial Time-Reversal Transformation and Entanglement
Negativity in Fermionic System

Abstract:
The partial transpose of density matrices in many-body systems has
been known as a good candidate to diagnose quantum entanglement
of mixed states. In particular, it can be used to define the (logarithmic)
entanglement negativity for bosonic systems. In this talk, I introduce
partial time-reversal transformation as an analog of partial transpose
for fermions. This definition naturally arises from the spacetime picture
of partially transposed density matrices in which partial transpose is
equivalent to reversing the arrow of time for one subsystem relative to
the other subsystem. I show the success of this definition in capturing
the entanglement of fermionic symmetry-protected topological phases
as well as conformal field theories in (1+1) dimensions.