seminar reminder

Boris Dubrovin dubrovin at sissa.it
Mon Jul 2 10:50:13 CEST 2018

Dear All,

This is a gentle reminder of

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Prof. Silvia Anjos (Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisboa)

Venue: Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 14:30, room 136
	    of SISSA Main Building

Title: Some results on the homotopy type of symplectomorphism groups.

Abstract:

By a result of Kedra and Pinsonnault, we know that the topology of groups
of symplectomorphisms of symplectic 4-manifolds is complicated in general, although,
in most of all known examples, the rational cohomology rings of these groups are finitely
generated. In this talk we compute the homotopy Lie algebra of groups of symplectomorphisms
of some 3-point and 4-point blow-ups of the projective plane and show it is infinite dimensional.
Nevertheless, the full topology of these groups can be understood: we show it is determined by
compact subgroups arising from Hamiltonian group actions. We also discuss some applications
to more blow-ups. Part of this work is joint with Martin Pinsonnault and Sinan Eden.

--

Prof. B. Dubrovin
Dept. of Mathematics