SP Seminar @ICTP Stasi Room MONDAY 19 February at 11:00 am - A. MINGUZZI

CM Section cm at ictp.it
Wed Feb 14 08:57:04 CET 2018

Joint ICTP/SISSA Statistical Physics Seminar

Kindly note unusual Day - MONDAY

*Monday 19 February at 11:00 a.m.*
*Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, first floor, Leonardo Building*

Speaker: Anna MINGUZZI
(LPMMC, Univ. Grenoble-Alpes and CNRS, Grenoble, France)

Title- Tan's Contact for a Strongly Interacting One-dimensional Bose Gas
in Harmonic Confinement: Universal Properties and Scaling Functions

Abstract:
The Tan's contact is an ubiquitous quantity in systems with zero-range
interactions: it corresponds for example to the average interaction energy,
to the weight of the tails of the momentum distribution function at large
momenta, to the inelastic two-body loss rate, just to cite a few. We focus
on strongly interacting one-dimensional bosons at finite temperature under
harmonic confinement. As it is associated to short-distance
correlations, the
calculation of the Tan's contact cannot be obtained within the
Luttinger-liquid
formalism. We derive the Tan's contact by employing an exact solution at
infinite interactions, as well as a local-density approximation on the
Bethe
Ansatz solution for the homogeneous system and numerical ab initio
calculations
for finite interactions. In the limit of infinite interactions, we
demonstrate its
universal properties, associated to the scale invariance of the model.
We then
obtain the full scaling function for arbitrary interactions.