ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday 13 February, at 16:00 (Tiarlos Nogueira)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Thu Feb 8 11:39:21 CET 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Tuesday 13, February, at 16.00 hrs.

Tiarlos Nogueira
(Universidade Federal de Alagoas)

Title:
Capacity estimates and rigidity of domains with corners

Abstract:
Estimates in geometric terms of the capacity  of compact sets are of
great interesting and appears naturally both in Geometry and Physics
(e.g., in electrostatic and physical descriptions of flows where Laplace
equations is used).
I will discuss about capacity inequalities involving the total mean
curvature of hypersurfaces with boundary in convex cones and the mass of
asymptotically flat manifolds with non-compact boundary.
In fact, I will present analogous of Pölia-Szegö, Alexandrov-Fenchel and
Penrose type inequalities in this setting.

VENUE:  Stasi Seminar Room  (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)