ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday, 8 January 2019, at 14:30 (Andrea MONDINO)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Dec 17 15:54:55 CET 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Tuesday 8 January, at 14:30 hrs.

Andrea Mondino (University of Warwick)

Title: Some smooth applications of non-smooth Ricci curvature lower bounds

Abstract: After a brief introduction to the synthetic notions of Ricci
curvature lower bounds in terms of optimal transportation, due to
Lott-Sturm-Villani, I will discuss some applications to smooth
Riemannian manifolds (joint work with Fabio Cavalletti, SISSA).

These include: rigidity/stability of the Levy-Gromov inequality and an
almost euclidean isoperimetric inequality motivated by the celebrated
Perelman’s Pseudo-Locality Theorem for Ricci flow.

VENUE:  Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela