ICTP SEMINAR - Monday 17 December, at 11:00 - Diogo Oliveira e Silva (University of Birmingham - UK)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Dec 10 08:32:47 CET 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Monday 17 December, at 11:00 hrs.

Diogo Oliveira e Silva (University of Birmingham - UK)

*Title:* Maximal and Variational Fourier Restriction Theory

*Abstract: *

Müller, Ricci, and Wright recently established the first "maximal
restriction theorem" for the Fourier transform. As a direct consequence,
they clarified certain subtle measure theoretic aspects underlying
Fourier restriction theory. In the first part of this talk, we will give
a brief introduction to the restriction problem, and illustrate its
importance in modern analysis. We will then focus on the endpoint
Tomas-Stein inequality in 3-dimensional Euclidean space, together with
its maximal and variational variants, for which especially simple proofs
are available. Finally, we will describe a recent generalisation, and
present some open problems.

This is partly based on joint work with Vjekoslav Kovac.

VENUE:  Stasi Seminar Room(ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)

Monica Petronela Ancuta
for Ms Mabilo
Secretariat of the ICTP Mathematics Section
math at ictp.it

Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste
Italy

Tel.: +39 040 2240 318