REMINDER - ICTP BASIC NOTIONS SEMINAR - Tuesday 04 December, at 16.00 - (Fernando Rodriguez Villegas)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Dec 3 11:33:28 CET 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Tuesday 04 December, at 16.00 hrs.

Fernando Rodriguez Villegas(ICTP)

Title: Blet, a mathematical puzzle

Abstract:

In this talk we will discuss the puzzle Blet. Its simple appearence
hides some interesting mathematics involving the geometry of certain
lattice paths in the plane and the group SL(2,R). It is also a nice
illustration of a typical discrete minimization problem where greed is
not the answer.

VENUE: Budinich Lecture Hall (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building)

--
Monica Petronela Ancuta
for Ms Mabilo
math at ictp.it

Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste
Italy

Tel.: +39 040 2240 318