REMINDER - ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday, 28 August 2018, at 16:00 (Yuri PROKHOROV)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Aug 27 16:54:43 CEST 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Tuesday 28 August, at 16.00 hrs.

Yuri Prokhorov (Steklov Institute and Higher School of Economics, Moscow)

Title: Finite groups of birational automorphisms

Abstract:

Groups of birational transformations are a classical object of study. In
many cases these groups are  huge and very difficult to describe.  The
purpose of the talk is to discuss recent results on finite subgroups of
birational automorphism groups. I will present all the basic definitions
and many examples.

The talk is based on joint works with Constantin Shramov.

VENUE:  Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela