ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday, 4 September 2018, at 16:00 (PAVEL PUTROV)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri Aug 24 14:15:11 CEST 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Tuesday 4 September, at 16.00 hrs.

Pavel Putrov (ICTP)

Title: Spin-TQFTs and cobordisms

Abstract:

Topological Quantum Field Theories (TQFTs) play important role both in
physics and mathematics, in particular low-dimensional topology. In my
talk I will review this notion and consider a family of TQFTs in various
dimensions for which the input data is a finite group G and an element
of a spin cobordism group of its classifying space BG. I will also
describe some explicit examples of such TQFTs.

VENUE:  Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela