talk by A. Kuznetsov

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Thu Aug 9 09:06:08 CEST 2018

=========================
SISSA GEOMETRY SEMINARS
=========================

Prof. Alexander Kuznetsov (Steklov Institute and Higher School of
Economics, Moscow) will give a title entitled

Semiorthogonal decompositions of singular surfaces

on Wednesday, August 22nd, at 2:30 pm in room 136, SISSA
building A.

Abstract: It is well known that any smooth projective toric surface
has a full exceptional collection. I will talk about a generalization
of this fact for singular surfaces.

First, if the class group of Weil divisors of the surface is torsion free
(for instance, this holds for all weighted projective planes), I will
construct a semiorthogonal decomposition of the derived category with
components equivalent to derived categories of modules over certain
local finite dimensional algebras.

Second, when the class group has torsion, a similar semiorthogonal
decomposition will be constructed for an appropriately twisted
derived category.

Many of these results extend to non-necessarily toric rational surfaces.
This is a joint work with Joseph Karmazyn and Evgeny Shinder.

U. Bruzzo