Fwd: SP Seminar 26.09 @SISSA: Alessandro Codello (room changed)

Condensed Matter Section cm at ictp.it
Mon Sep 25 13:34:25 CEST 2017

Below the information about a seminar tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. in the
Meeting Room at SISSA Via Bonomea, 7th Floor - please notice the CHANGE
OF LECTURE ROOM. We also draw your attention to the fact that there will
be on October 4th, at 3:00 p.m., a TPP seminar by Safari Mahmoud (INFN
and University of Bologna) on related arguments.
***************************************************************** Joint
ICTP/SISSA Statistical Physics Seminar Tuesday, 26 September at 11:00
a.m. SISSA, Via Bonomea, Big Meeting Room, 7th Floor
Speaker: Alessandro Codello Title: Functional perturbative RG and CFT
data in the e-expansion Abstract: I will show how the use of standard
perturbative RG in dimensional regularization allows for a
renormalization group based computation of both the spectrum and a
family of coefficients of the operator product expansion (OPE) for the
whole family of scalar multi-critical universality classes. The task is
greatly simplified by a straightforward generalization of perturbation
theory to a functional perturbative RG approach. I illustrate the
procedure in the e-expansion by obtaining the next-to-leading
corrections for the spectrum and the leading corrections for the OPE
coefficients of Ising and Lee-Yang universality classes and then give
several results for the whole family of renormalizable multi-critical
models. Whenever comparison is possible our RG results explicitly match
the ones recently derived using combination of CFT constraints,
Schwinger-Dyson equation and the free theory behavior at the upper
critical dimension.